Friday, May 19, 2023

Week #21 Brick Wall

I, like all genealogists, have many a brick wall I'd love to bust through on every branch of my family tree. But when I thought about this weeks challenge I wanted to take it a different direction to that of a literal brick wall or rather the bricks themselves! 




These photos show a brickyard that was located outside of Moravia, Iowa that was owned/ran by some of my mom's family the Van Dorin's  in the very early 1900's. In the top photo you can see a woman and children. That would be some of my 2x great grandfather's family including my Great Grandfather Willie Van Dorin. 

If you drive through Moravia today many of the buildings still standing are made from red bricks and I believe that some were built using these bricks. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting photos! Great that you know the brickyard and some buildings made from those bricks.

    ReplyDelete