Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

It's 6:00 pm on New Years eve. Only 6 hrs left of 2015. I'm sitting at home alone, sitting on the couch watching football, and eating leftovers. Exciting I know! But when you worked last night and have to work again tonight partying is out of question.

I don't even know how to describe 2015. The things I think of first about this year seem to be all the bad that happened. But then I remember there was also some good but the bad is what's more powerful and what seem to define the year and I hate that it's that way. So to try to change my mood about the day I'm going to list the things that i'm thankful this past year brought and to bring some positiveness into the last few hours of the year.

I am thankful for.....

  • Passing my Nursing Boards and became an LPN on the first try
  • Work. Although stressful and testing at times I am thankful for my job that has provided not only an income for me but experience and growth.
  • Serving as the 2015 Mo Honey Queen. That brought me many new friends, the opportunity to explore new places, and the chance to advocate for something special to me. 
  • My new (to me) car. 
  • Family. I am beyond thankful for the moments I got to spend with my family this year and the memories made. Don't ever take anyone for granted because the second you do you'll turn around and they won't be there anymore. 
  • Friends. Not only have I made a few new friends thanks to my travels as honey queen, but I think that my friendship with some people have strengthened. I'm finally at the point in my life that I embrace the people who truly care about me and cherish their friendships. 
  • God. Through all that's happened I know that I can trust that God is always there for me and knows what's best for me. I have had to lean on Him quite a lot this year and just can't imagine a life without Him. 

I think that resolutions are overrated but.....I love lists and setting new goals. And hey maybe this year will be the year I actually follow through with my plans!! :) Here's what i'm shooting for, for next year.

  • Read 52 new books
  • Finish a Quilting project I've already started
  • Drink 100 oz of water per day
  • No pop
  • Write 1 blog post each week
  • Each week write out 5 things that have made me happy
  • Spend at least 15 min each day reading from the Bible
  • Travel. Even if it's only a few hours away. Explore something new!
  • Try 50 new recipes
  • Write more letters
Here's to 2016. I hope that it brings me some happiness and not a lot of sorrow. I hope that for my friends and family it brings peace and happiness. I am excited to see what 2016 brings. 

Many Blessings to All! 

No comments:

Post a Comment