Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A New Beginning

I had been wanting to start a new blog for awhile now but never really had the motivation or that final push that I needed until recently. 2 different friends of mine, both of whom I met through blogging, recently did this and it really inspired me and got me thinking that this is the right time. I absolutely loved doing my other blog and this November marked 3 years since I started it. It was really something I needed coming out of high school and something I'm thankful for. I have "met" so many amazing people through blogging. Some I call great friends. But I had kind of got myself into a rut and things just weren't exciting any more. Heck that's how my life feels like right now. I really fell like things are just at a stand still and I needed a fresh start and a sort of re-branding of my blog presence. Also I'm just a totally different person than I was 3 years ago when I started the other blog. So here we are now!

First why "The Dream of Generations"? As you can see below the title it came from the song My Fathers Daughter by Jewel. When I heard that phrase it really stuck with me. I'm someone who loves family history and am lucky enough to have people on both my mom and dads side of the family who know a lot about my family history. Through them I've learned about my relatives and have realized how many of the things they did and their character that I see in myself. I am always trying to live my life in a way to honor them.

A little bit about me...

I am currently working as a nurse and really that's what consumes most of my time these days. I work night shift so most of my days are spent sleeping which leads to a very boring life. I live on a small farm in Missouri where at the moment the only animals we have are 2 miniature donkeys, 3 bee hives, and a corgi named Duke!

For the past 2 years I've had the amazing opportunity to travel over 10,000 miles promoting the honey bee. I met so many amazing people throughout that journey and got to spread the word and advocate for something that I love. That consumed quite a bit of my time and energy that it's weird now that is done and i'm not spending my free time planning upcoming trips, activities, and presentations!! 

I love going on road trips and have had the opportunity to travel to some neat places but have so many more places on my bucket list! I love exploring new places and learning all that I can about a place from its history to its food! I love to cook and bake and am always trying to develop new skills in the kitchen. I have invested in a good camera and have taken thousands of pictures with it! I have recently found a great passion in quilting or rather buying fabric for all the hundreds of projects I want to do! I am an antique/vintage/retro junkie! I prefer old things to new. That's pretty much me in a nutshell. 

I hope you enjoy this new blog and will follow along on my journey as I continue to figure out life and my place in it!

-EM

No comments:

Post a Comment